11D8N Splendid Balkan States Group Tour
Stop by the city of Zadar and take a moment to listen to the sounds of the Sea Organ. Be entranced by the wonders of Mother Nature at Plitvice Lakes National Park and Lake Bled!
- Tour Details
The word Balkan in Turkish means “mountain” with the peninsula (especially the west area) is dominated by this type of landform. Ethnic diversity is one of the region’s most characteristic social and political features. The Bulgarians, North Macedonians, and Slovenes speak their own Slavic languages while the Slavs of Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro all speak dialects of Serbo-Croatian. Join us on a tour to the Balkans region located in Southeast Europe covering Zagreb, Zadar, Mostar, Sarajevo, Bled & Ljubliana today!
[DAY 1] Singapore — Sarajevo
Meals on Board
- Assemble at Changi international Airport and begin your vacation with a pleasant flight towards Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
[DAY 2] Sarajevo
- Start off your city tour to view the beautiful Ottoman style mosques, architecture, old quarters, city hall.
- Follow by Baščaršija, which includes the Ottoman-era Gazi Husrev-bey Mosque. Before we head to hotel visit Sarajevo War Tunnel for a visceral wartime experience of the siege of Sarajevo in the 1990s.
[DAY 3] Mostar - Ston - Dubrovnik
- In the morning, head to Ston, a city in the Dubrovnik - Neretva County of Croatia, located at the south of isthmus of the Pelješac peninsula. The town of Ston is the centre of the Ston municipality.
- After lunch, proceed to Dubrovnik, a city in southern Croatia fronting the Adriatic Sea. It's known for its distinctive Old Town, encircled with massive stone walls completed in the 16th century. Its well-preserved buildings range from baroque St. Blaise Church to Renaissance Sponza Palace and Gothic Rector’s Palace, now a history museum. Paved with limestone, the pedestrianized Stradun (or Placa) is lined with shops and restaurants.
- Also, not to forget to see the city is from the top of the city walls (Entrance Included). The spectacular views are worth the climb up. .
[DAY 4] Dubrovnik
- Enjoy a free day of leisure for some shopping or sightseeing at your pleasure in Dubrovnik. You may wish to embark on an excursion to the Montenegro Blue half day tour - Montenegro is a country in South eastern Europe on the Adriatic Sea. It borders Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest; Serbia and Kosovo to the east, Albania to the south and Croatia to the southwest.
- Surrounded by high mountains reflected in the blue waters, a fjord-shaped Bay of Kotor is one of the most spectacular landscapes in the Mediterranean. Drive along the bay past Risan and picturesque Perast to reach the UNESCO's World Heritage Site.
[DAY 5] Dubrovnik - Zadar
- We embark on a guided tour to the city of Zadar to visit the Western Quay for an up-close look at the Sea Organ and the Monument to the Sun, followed by St. Donatus Church, the Roman Forum, St. Anastasia’s Cathedral, St. Mary’s Church and the Lion’s Gate.
[DAY 6] Zadar - Plitvice National Park - Ljubljana
- Drive through the Croatian highlands that reveals splendid alpine scenery as you arrive in one of Europe’s most impressive national parks– the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- Take pleasure in a guided tour of the beautiful landscapes within the UNESCO National Heritage park, adorned with sixteen lakes that are interconnected by a series of waterfalls and deep woodland populated by forest animals and savour the riveting beauty of nature from a different perspective on the waters as you join an Electric Boat Ride (Only operates from April to October of the year).
[DAY 7] Ljubljana - Bled - Ljubljana
- Proceed to Lake Bled in the Julian Alps, to the magnificent lake with an island.
- Enjoy a scenic lunch in its cliff top Bled Castle for a picture-perfect vista of glistening waters and the surrounding natural beauty. You may wish to make an optional visit to Lake Bohinj.
- Transfer back to Ljubljana. Embark on a guided tour with the Old Town for some of the best-preserved medieval houses, visit the open-air Central Market, the Baroque Town Hall, the beautiful Robba Fountain, the grandiose Triple Bridge and Dragon Bridge.
[DAY 8] Ljubljana - Postojna - Ljubljana
- Head to the town of Postojna and embark on a unique cave tour of the renowned Postojna Cave – one of the world’s largest karst monuments.
- Board the unique cave Electric Train for an exciting adventure through dark passages to the Great Mountain, where you disembark and continue foot across the Russian Bridge into the caves comprising of the Spaghetti Hall, the White Hall and the Red Hall.
- Press on further to view the renowned stalagmites in the Brilliant Passage and get a look at the Vivarium Proteus, otherwise known as the human fish.
- Head to Predjama Castle is situated in the middle of a towering cliff, a mere 9 km from Postojna Cave. Picturesque, magnificent, defiant, mysterious and impregnable, it has been dominating the surrounding area, perched high up in the 123-metre high cliff, for more than 800 years. It is listed among the Guinness World Records as the largest cave castle in the world.
[DAY 9] Ljubljana - Zagreb
- A guided walking tour of the Upper and Lower Town – catch a glimpse of top attractions like the King Tomislav Square, the Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Square and the Church of St. Mark, the Strossmayer Promenade, Zagreb Cathedral, Ban Jelačić Square and Dolac Market.
- Enjoy the rest of the day free at your leisure to do some souvenir shopping or simply bask in the lively street atmosphere of the city.
[DAY 10 & 11] Zagreb - Singapore
- Bid farewell to Zagreb as we transfer to the airport for our flight home, bringing fond memories of your holidays with H.I.S. Travel!
From S$2,188* Tour Code: HESJJ Package includes:Package excludes:Terms & Conditions:For enquiries, please WhatsApp us at 8782 1538 or contact us at 6443 0815.
- 8 nights hotel at local 4-star hotel
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- Private transfers during the trip
- International air tickets
- All tippings (Tour Leader, Guide and Driver)
- Air airport tax / fuel surcharge
- Early check in or late check out
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours
- Visa documents
- Porterage in & out at hotels & airport
- Personal expenses
- Sequence of itinerary, meals, hotels & activities are subjected to changes without prior notice.
- Pictures shown are purely for illustration purposes only.
- Excludes airport taxes (subject to change).
- Guide, tour leader & driver tipping fees, approximately EUR 77/pax.
- The sequence of itinerary, meals, museums, and hotel arrangements are subject to final adjustments of the local ground operator.
- No cancellation / amendments are allowed after confirmation, 100% for any cancellation.
- Refunds if any, and/or amendments, are strictly subjected to the approval and/or charges of the airline/hotel/tour operator.
- H.I.S. reserves the right to charge an admin fee of no less than SGD$75/person, on top of any charges for any cancellation/amendment.