Singapore Local Staycation
Our plans to explore places beyond our borders might have been abruptly hindered by the current government ban on non-essential travel and definitely the fear of contracting COVID-19 while being on the road. However, did you know that there are also a plethora of activities for us to enjoy in locally in Singapore?
Travel to an area in Singapore which you seldom head to!
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has listed out all the approved hotels for staycations and this list is updated on a constant basis in order to include those which are allowed to be reopen. These requirements include:
- Implementation of more stringent safe management measures at areas where more people are usually present & limit occupancy to no more than 1 person per 10sqm (excluding staff) at any point in time
- Reduce face-to-face mingling (guests & staff), stagger timings for guests to be at hotel lobbies, guest facilities and employees’ work areas
- Ability to disperse crowds and prevent bunching
- Mandatory implementation of SafeEntry and encourage use of Trace Together
- Implement rigorous cleaning and disinfecting regimes, particularly for high touch elements
What exactly does the “new” staycation experience mean?
As our local government gradually eases the Circuit Breaker measures in Phase 2, we are now being able to experience a more wholesome break with the usage of facilities like the swimming pools, bars, restaurants and gym! These facilities will certainly have to operate in accordance to the “Safe Management Measures” which including social distancing.
Do follow the safety precautions set up by the hotel staff so that all of us are able to prevent the spread of the virus around. Here are some of the key measure to expect:
- Temperature screening of every individual for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance.
- 1 metre spacing between individuals in queues, seated lobbies, lifts, restaurants, etc.
- Refrain from having gatherings of more than 5 individuals from different households in any guest rooms.
- Staggered check-in/check-out timing to avoid crowding with other guests at front desks.
- Frequent cleaning & disinfection of common areas/high-touch areas (e.g. handrails, door handles, lift buttons, front desks, etc.).
- Controlled access to shared facilities in order to minimize interaction between hotel guests.
- Deep cleaning of bed linen, carpets, furniture upholstery and frequently touched surfaces like TV remotes, light switches, etc.
- Hand sanitizers in all guest rooms.
What to do during your staycation?
These stays at the hotel tend to come with extra benefits whenever you dine in or use the facilities on the premises. It’s time to make good use of those discounts & perks by doing the following suggested itineraries:
- Take a breather by enjoying a massage/other rejuvenating spa treatments at the spa facilities. Hotel guests usually are entitled to discounted prices.
- Surprise your significant other with a romantic dinner at the hotel restaurants using free meal vouchers/dining credits.
- Get all that negative energy out or maintain your regular exercise routine by hitting the gym. They are often free for guests residing at the hotels.
- Have a great time with your loved ones & friends at the pool and treat yourself to the glittering lights of the city skyline at certain hotels.
- Have a drink at the fancy hotel bars with your F&B dining credits before retreating to your room at the end of the night.
Recommended hotel staycation deals
Here are the current staycation packages we offer:
Amara Sanctuary Resort A contemporary luxury resort with 5-star rooms, suites, villas, and a mansion, offering unique environments in which to work, rest or play. This resort is a 10-minute drive away from Singapore’s central business and shopping districts, and the nearby Universal Studios Singapore® & other popular attractions in Sentosa. Price: From SGD338/room/night*
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore Nestled within 15 acres of tropical landscaped gardens, guests are warmly embraced by the hotel’s distinct service and smiles. Escape to the only hotel sanctuary in the city with lush, open gardens, unparalleled culinary experiences and family facilities, topped with luxurious pampering and 3 distinct wings and 11 diverse restaurants & bars to suit every indulgence. Price: From SGD320/room/night*
The Fullerton Bay Hotel Elegantly appointed in a contemporary international style, the sleek 100-room waterfront jewel is a spectacular addition to Singapore’s vibrant heritage precinct. Price: From SGD598/room/night*
W Singapore Live it up amidst the lush greenery and lively coastal setting of Sentosa! W Singapore – Sentosa Cove, a 5-star luxury hotel under Marriott International, is an oasis of modern luxury for vivacious stay-cationers. Take a whirl into the extraordinary as you lift your beachfront lifestyle to new heights! Price: From SGD368/room/night*
*Terms & conditions apply.