Singapore Local Staycation
Our plans to explore places beyond our borders might have been abruptly hindered by the current government ban on non-essential travel and definitely the fear of contracting COVID-19 while being on the road. However, did you know that there are also a plethora of activities for us to enjoy in locally in Singapore?
We now offer exclusive deals for DBS/POSB Cardmembers! Do check out the deals at the end of this page such as staycations in JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach & many more!
Travel to an area in Singapore which you seldom head to!
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has listed out all the approved hotels for staycations and this list is updated on a constant basis in order to include those which are allowed to be reopen. These requirements include:
- Implementation of more stringent safe management measures at areas where more people are usually present & limit occupancy to no more than 1 person per 10sqm (excluding staff) at any point in time
- Reduce face-to-face mingling (guests & staff), stagger timings for guests to be at hotel lobbies, guest facilities and employees’ work areas
- Ability to disperse crowds and prevent bunching
- Mandatory implementation of SafeEntry and encourage use of Trace Together
- Implement rigorous cleaning and disinfecting regimes, particularly for high touch elements
What exactly does the “new” staycation experience mean?
As our local government gradually eases the Circuit Breaker measures in Phase 3, we are now being able to experience a more wholesome break with the usage of facilities like the swimming pools, bars, restaurants and gym! These facilities will certainly have to operate in accordance to the “Safe Management Measures” which including social distancing.
Do follow the safety precautions set up by the hotel staff so that all of us are able to prevent the spread of the virus around. Here are some of the key measure to expect:
- Temperature screening of every individual for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance.
- 1 metre spacing between individuals in queues, seated lobbies, lifts, restaurants, etc.
- Refrain from having gatherings of more than 5 individuals from different households in any guest rooms.
- Staggered check-in/check-out timing to avoid crowding with other guests at front desks.
- Frequent cleaning & disinfection of common areas/high-touch areas (e.g. handrails, door handles, lift buttons, front desks, etc.).
- Controlled access to shared facilities in order to minimize interaction between hotel guests.
- Deep cleaning of bed linen, carpets, furniture upholstery and frequently touched surfaces like TV remotes, light switches, etc.
- Hand sanitizers in all guest rooms.
What to do during your staycation?
These stays at the hotel tend to come with extra benefits whenever you dine in or use the facilities on the premises. It’s time to make good use of those discounts & perks by doing the following suggested itineraries:
- Take a breather by enjoying a massage/other rejuvenating spa treatments at the spa facilities. Hotel guests usually are entitled to discounted prices.
- Surprise your significant other with a romantic dinner at the hotel restaurants using free meal vouchers/dining credits.
- Get all that negative energy out or maintain your regular exercise routine by hitting the gym. They are often free for guests residing at the hotels.
- Have a great time with your loved ones & friends at the pool and treat yourself to the glittering lights of the city skyline at certain hotels.
- Have a drink at the fancy hotel bars with your F&B dining credits before retreating to your room at the end of the night.
Recommended hotel staycation deals
Here are the current staycation packages we offer:
Raffles Hotel Singapore (Suite Vacay 1-for-1) Price: From SGD1,050/room/night*
Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Price: From SGD478/room/night*
Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa Price: From SGD435/room/night*
The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore Price: From SGD596/room/night*
W Singapore Sentosa Cove Price: From SGD495/room/night*
*Terms & conditions apply.