Kansai Thru Pass & Osaka Amazing PassAre you travelling to the Kansai region – Osaka / Kyoto / Nara / Wakayama / Shiga / Hyogo areas? There are two tourist passes which you can consider: Kansai Thru Pass & Osaka Amazing Pass. Read on for more information about the differences between both the passes, their usage guides & prices.
Kansai Thru Pass (2 & 3 Days)If you are intending to explore the Kansai region extensively, the Kansai Thru Pass (available in 2 / 3 days) would no doubt be the most suitable pass for you. In case you are unsure, here’s a tip: Private railways are more predominant in the Kansai area compared to that of JR railways!
- Exclusive pass for foreign tourists, allowing unlimited rides on private railways, municipal trains and buses – good enough to visit places like Kyoto & Nara.
- In addition, the pass offers complimentary discount promotions at about 260 major tourist facilities along the railway lines.
- Flexibility in pass usage, whereby it can be used on non-consecutive days within the period of validity (See picture below).
Prices:2 Days (Adult) – $56 // 2 Days (Child) – $25 3 Days (Adult) – $68 // 3 Days (Adult) – $30
How to use:Present our voucher at the exchange locations indicated on the voucher. When using the pass, please insert into automatic gate in the direction of the arrow printed on the ticket. The pass is only valid for use on non-reserved cabins of express trains. The valid service area of this pass is as indicated on this map (subjected to changes). For better user experience, we recommend that you download the “Kansai Thru Pass” app on your phone. *The pass cannot be reissued if lost or damaged (do not bring it near magnets). *After the voucher exchange is completed, it cannot be refunded. *****
Osaka Amazing Pass (1 Day)If you are only doing a quick stopover at Osaka for 1 or 2 days, here’s the pass that we would like to recommend to you – The Osaka Amazing Pass. *Only 1 day Osaka Amazing Pass is available for sale at our shop.
- Exclusive pass for foreign tourists, allowing unlimited rides on private railways, municipal trains and buses within the Osaka city.
- Additional perk of the pass: It offers free/discounted admission to about 40 sightseeing spots such as the Osaka Castle, Umeda Sky Building observatory, various River cruises, gardens and museums!
- Enjoy special deals at more than 40 facilities & shops.
Prices:1 Day (Adult/Child) – $36